Bangladesh Finance posts 218pc jump in net profit after tax

In the first half (H1) of 2021, Bangladesh Finance’s consolidated net profit after tax increased by 217.83 per cent year on year to Tk 235.4 million.

The company’s earnings per share also increased to Tk 1.17 for H1 (January to June) as against Tk 0.44 during the same period of last year.

Its managing director and CEO Md Kyser Hamid disclosed the figures during a virtual programme on Monday, highlighting the company’s financial status for H1 in 2021.


“Our cost of deposit has reduced significantly in H1 of 2021 than that in 2020, resulting in a 36.47 per cent rise in net interest revenue,” he said.

“Our H1 performance was strengthened by a significant contribution from capital market investment,” he added.

According to Mr Hamid, the non-banking financial institution’s commission, exchange and brokerage income, on the other hand, has increased, thus having a positive influence on earnings.

“We’ve concentrated on customer deposits and gradually reduced our reliance on banks,” he said.

“In comparison to December 2020, our client deposits have climbed to 61 per cent of the entire deposit portfolio from 57 per cent. Bank deposits, on the other hand, have been cut from 43 per cent to 39 per cent of the overall deposit portfolio.”

To read the full content on THE FINANCIAL EXPRESS, click here.