Bangladesh Finance Ltd. oversees all of the data management to ensure that compliance with this policy and Digital Security Act 2018.
• Personal Information Collected Online
• How is Personal Information used
• How Personal Information is Shared
• How is Other Information Used and Collected
• How is Customer information kept accurately
• How access to Customer Information is limited to employees
• Information Security
• Other Information about Bangladesh Finance Limited’s Website
• Bangladesh Finance Limited’s commitment to Personal Privacy
• Change in Policy
Personal Information collected online
Personal Information means personally identifiable information such as information customer provides via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, or account numbers.
How is personal information used
Bangladesh Finance Limited may use Personal Information:
• To respond to the customers’ inquiries and fulfill requests.
• To inform the customer about important information regarding the Site, products or services for which customer apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which customer is already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
• To deliver marketing communications that bank believe may be of interest to the customer, including, ads or offers tailored to customers.
• To personalize customer experience on the Site.
• To allow customer to apply for products or services (e.g., to prequalify for a mortgage, apply for a credit card, or to open a retirement account, investment account or other financial product) and evaluate customer’s eligibility for such products or services.
• To verify customer’s identity and/or location (or the identity or location of customer’s representative or agent) in order to allow access to customer’s accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of account and Personal Information.
• To allow customer to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities.
• To allow customer to use some Site financial planning tools. Information that customer enters into one of these planning tools may be stored for future access and use. Customer have the option not to save the information.
• For business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
• For risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
How personal information is shared
The Information shall not be shared with any external organization unless the same is necessary to enable Bangladesh Finance Limited to provide services to the customer or to enable the compilation of a transaction, credit reporting, or the same is necessary or required pursuant to applicable banking norms or pursuant to the terms and conditions applicable to such Information as agreed to with Bangladesh Finance Limited. Needless to add, confidentiality norms as applicable to banks shall be adhered to. Bangladesh Finance Limited may also share Information to provide customer with superior services and a range of offers.
How other information is used and collected
Bangladesh Finance Limited and their third-party service providers may collect and use other Information in a variety of ways, including:
Through customer’s browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers and/or through customer’s device, such as Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. Bank uses this information to ensure Sites function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device while the customer is using the site. Cookies used by Bangladesh Finance Limited do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, language preferences, and customer’s relationship with Bangladesh Finance Limited. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize/tailor customer’s experience and collect statistical information about the usage of the Site in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to advertisements and content, to understand how account holders and visitors use the Site and to resolve the questions regarding the Site.
IP Address: IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that customer is by his Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in Bank’s server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many web sites. Bangladesh Finance Ltd. use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, for compliance and security purposes, for advertising, and administering the Site.
Aggregated and De-identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data is data that Bangladesh Finance Limited may create or compile from various sources, including but not limited to accounts and transactions. This information, which does not identify individual account holders, may be used for bank’s business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
How is customer information kept accurately?
It is in customer’s interest, and it is Bangladesh Finance Limited’s objective, for them to have accurate, current, and complete information concerning customer and his accounts. Bank has strict procedures that their employees abide by to meet this objective. While some procedures are required by National laws or Bangladesh Banks regulations, bank have implemented additional procedures to maintain accurate, current, and complete financial information, including processes to update information and remove outdated information
How access to customer information is limited to employees
To protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, Bangladesh Finance Limited use security measures that comply with applicable laws. These measures may include device safeguards, secured files and buildings as well as oversight of their third party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure.
Other information about Bangladesh Finance Limited website
For customers using Bangladesh Finance Limited Internet Banking, all visitor information is collected along with any information that customer while using Bangladesh Finance Limited’s web site.
Links to, or from, Bangladesh Finance Limited’s web site: Bangladesh Finance Limited is not responsible for information practices employed by web sites linked with its web site. Generally, links to non-Bangladesh Finance Limited web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to users of Bangladesh Finance Limited web site.
Encrypted information: Information provided by customer on Bangladesh Finance Limited web site is encrypted or scrambled in order to secure information.
Change in policy
The personal information Bangladesh Finance Limited collect and hold
We collect the following information from you or your representative:
• Your name;
• Details of your business/employment;
• Your address;
• Your date of birth
• Your financial information;
• Your email address;
• Telephone number(s).
How long will Bangladesh Finance Limited hold your personal information?
Where we have personal information which you have consented for us to use we will hold it for the period the consent remains in force and any other period we need for regulatory or other legal reasons. You may remove your consent at any time.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These are –
• The right to confirm if we are using data about you and to access details about what we are using and how;
• The right to request we rectify any inaccurate data corrected or to have data which is incomplete for the purpose we hold it completed;
• The right to be forgotten. Which is the right to ask us to delete information about you and if it is appropriate to do so we will do so;
• The right to restrict what we do with data in specific circumstances, including where the accuracy of the data is contested, processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data or if we only need the data to meet legal requirements;
• The right to receive the data we hold about you in a format you can use to transfer the data electronically elsewhere.
You are also able to withdraw any consent you have provided for us to use your data at any time. This is opting out and the process is set out below.
You can opt out by unsubscribing from the benefits communication you receive.
Your privacy and data protection is very important to us and we comply with all aspects of the Data Protection legislation and ensure that any third parties we engage do so. You can find out more about your rights to data from the relevant office.
Wherever data is processed, your rights under the Digital Security Act 2018 will be met and we will ensure that any agreement to process your data ensures this and give you rights in the unlikely event of any security breach.